Big Data Storage Engineer
In this role you will be a subject matter expert for DCS products, providing technical advice and guidance to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer support to WDC internal and external customers through timely and professional interactions via telephone calls, chat, email, and shared screen communications.
- Manage and resolve escalated support cases submitted by customers, partners, OEMs, and Sales. Activities include deep technical troubleshooting, research, issue duplication, filing bugs, and follow-through with internal and external teams.
- Take part in on-call rotation during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Deliver product support training to internal and external support teams, enabling them to capably support SanDisk products.
- Author and submit knowledgebase articles that address technical challenges.
- Review and provide feedback on product documentation for existing and emerging products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of data storage concepts and terminology (NAS/SAN).
- Solid Linux knowledge (RHCE or equivalent). Working knowledge of tools for performance troubleshooting and analysis.
- Solid Microsoft Windows Server OS knowledge (including xperf, perfmon, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability. Excited about technology and capable of coming up to speed quickly on new products.
- Experience with delivering software and hardware support for servers, networks, and storage, specifically NAND flash-based.
- Excellent ability to follow-up on items and ensure resolution/closure of problems.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS).
- Scripting (e.g Python, Perl, Bash), programming languages, dev environments.
- Experience in VMware ESXi (VCP certified) and virtualization technologies
- Understanding of MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases, including performance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and resiliency.