Principal Python Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of the Engineering team of Western Digital, with a development center in Belgium, Ghent?
Do you want to work on their latest Object Storage systems that deliver storage capacity up to 52 PetaByte?
Do you want to write software for the ActiveScale product line?
3 times yes? Then we might have a match.
We are currently looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer who wants to work on extending the customer facing Storage API, different storage compliance features, Disaster Recovery options and tuning the system for better performance and scalability.
We are looking for someone who wants to lift his (or her?) career to the next step by learning from some of the worlds brightest storage experts and contribute to a revolutionizing product.
When you want to (learn to) write software with a focus on Enterprise Quality, Performance, Scalability and Robustness, Amplidata/Western Digital is the place to be.
- Taking Product Management's input on new features and product enhancements, and translating this into well tested and well architected implementations.
- Through our Agile development process driving features from demos to production ready code through several iterations.
- Assisting our Customer Support team with troubleshooting issues and optimizing Customers' setups
- Create well documented code which is quality assured by unit, component and integration testing code which are run through our Continuous Integration Environments in order to avoid any regression and give you instant feedback on what you've written.
- Iterate on improving design and functionality and get the liberty and opportunity to step outside the beaten path on our quarterly hackathons.
- Whatever you create, as long as it's created from the perspective of our Customers, you'll create value and get their appreciation for it.
- Your primary focus is on building software that interfaces with other areas of the product and teams:
- Maintenance of the existing automated product integration suites and extensions to it as new features are built
- Cooperation with the Marvin Core team on management stack aspects (upgrade, configuration management, monitoring)
- Provide support to your team members and help them out with python-oriented tasks.
- Master in computer science or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years of experience with programming production level software in Python
- Basic administration & troubleshooting of Linux Ubuntu
Skills considered a plus
- Previous experience as a Linux system engineer
- Knowledge of Amazon's AWS S3 API, SDK's & tools
- Understanding of Cloud and Enterprise storage concepts and products
- You enjoy working with other people and delivering features as a team. When the team is at risk of missing out on its commitment, you'll help out even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You're familiar with getting open feedback from your peers through code review and pair programming
- You’re used to working in a team with clear coding guidelines and high standards for code.
- You enjoy working with people from other cultures and time zones
- You like working in an environment that appreciates humor, fun and off-work activities.
Belgium, Gent, Ghelamco Arena
Only open for applicants with an EU worker permit.