R&D Software Engineer C/C++ (Research - Prototype - Test - Develop)
Conducting research on "Exabyte" Cloud Storage Software & Data Analytics… in Ghent!
Company: Amplidata / Western Digital
Sector: Big Data & Object-Based Cloud Storage Software
Location: Ghent, Belgium & San José, USA
Reading this can dramatically change your future…
The technology and advanced development team (TAD) prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization. In the TAD team, you will develop software components for distributed storage and data analytics systems
A unique software engineering job
At Amplidata you combine:
- Passion and Flexibility
- Challenge and Collegiality
And… you get a very extensive salary package.
Work together with the top-class engineers in ICT and Storage and live in a world of congenial minds.
- You have 3-5 years experience in software architecture and development in C/C++ (Go, Python are plus)
- You have in depth understanding of Linux Operating System, Filesystems, Networking
- You have an initial experience in developing high-performance, high parallelism, multi-threaded software.
- You are an Agile team player.
- You are a self-starter and independent worker who takes initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo.
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context.