Senior Manager Advanced Hybrid Cloud (xAAS Engineering)
About Amplidata / HGST
Amplidata develops the software that drives the HGST P100 and X100 multi petabyte cloud storage products.
Being part of Western Digital (HGST) the leading storage company in the world we put a heavy focus on software quality, reliability, scalability and innovation.
The technology and advanced development (TAD) team prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization.
You will manage a team of software and system engineers in the TAD team.
- You have 10+ years experience in managing software development and/or system engineering teams
- You have used Agile/Scrum methods for managing teams (SAFe certification is a plus).
- You have experience in managing PAAS/IAAS system implementations
- OpenStack / Univa Grid Engine
- Tachyon, MapR, Gluster, Ceph, Lustre, or other
- Docker Swarm / Kubernetes / Mesos container management
- Apache Spark / NoSQL databases
- Full system stack architecture management experience
- Storage: HDD, SSD, pci-e Flash, NvRAM
- Networking: Eth, IB, rdma
- OS: Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, Debian)
- FileSystems: ext4, xfs, …
- You have collaboration experience with research partners: Universities, Iminds, IMEC
- You are a team player and team leader
- You are able and willing to work in an environment that offers a high degree of freedom, and you take initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context across worldwide timezones
Are you interested in this challenging job in a fast growing company?
Please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Olivier - 0489 80 49 75