R&D Senior Software Architect (Research - Prototype - Test - Develop) C/C++
Conducting Research on "Exabyte" Cloud Storage Software & Data Analytics… in Ghent!
Company: Amplidata / Western Digital
Sector: Big Data & Object-Based Cloud Storage Software
Location: Ghent, Belgium & San José, USA
Reading this can dramatically change your future…
The technology and advanced development team (TAD) prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization. In the TAD team, you will architect software architectures and develop software components for distributed storage and data analytics systems
A unique software engineering job
At Amplidata you combine:
- Passion and Flexibility
- Challenge and Collegiality
And… you get a very extensive salary package.
Work together with the top-class engineers in ICT and Storage and live in a world of congenial minds.
- You have 5+ years experience in software architecture and development in C/C++ (Go, Python are plus).
- You have in depth understanding of Linux Operating System, Filesystems, Networking.
- Optional : you preferably have proven experience in architecting and developing :
- High performance, high parallelism, multi-threaded software architectures.
- Storage system software/driver/kernel development (rdma, SAS, SATA, pci-e, nvme-of, nfs, cifs/smb).
- You are an Agile team player
- You are a self-starter and independent worker who takes initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo.
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context.
- You have a Phd-level computer science background with software architecture experience (or equivalent by experience).