Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Object Storage (C/C++/Go/Java)
Building the Big Data cloud technology of tomorrow… in Ghent!
Company: Amplidata / HGST
Sector: Big Data & Cloud Storage
Products: AmpliStor Exabyte Storage
Location: Ghent, Belgium & San José, USA
Reading this can dramatically change your future…
Amplidata/HGST is the sole European company that builds the Big Data cloud storage of tomorrow. Our customers are the largest Telcos, datacenter providers and governments in the world. With our technology they manage and unlock Petabytes and very soon Exabytes of data: Hollywood movies, genetic data from billions of species, music archives from the best performers all over the world, surveillance videos and so much more… As a passionate Software Engineer you don’t have to move to the USA, we bring the USA to Ghent!
A unique engineering job
At Amplidata you combine:
- Passion and Flexibility
- Challenge and Collegiality
And… you get a very extensive salary package.
Work together with the top-class engineers in ICT and Storage and live in a world of congenial minds.
What’s in it for you?
Working at Amplidata means that you will be working in a team with seasoned and passionate experts in their respective domains. As a team, we eat complex challenges for lunch, like building a high-performance Exabyte Storage System that makes datacenters worldwide ‘CloudStorage-ready’.
We offer you a high-tech playground to explore all facets of ICT: from software analysis, design and ‘from scratch’ development to extensive quality testing and engineering of new software components. As a software engineer you will be reporting to the Chief Architect.
You are the key of success for Amplidata. That’s why you will get a very attractive remuneration: fixed salary (75th percentile), a decent company car, a complete insurance package, meal vouchers, a GSM and an Internet subscription.
Amplidata saves no energy and time to take you and your knowledge to the next level. We complete the package with peer-programming, on-the-job coaching and enough time for research.
In return we expect 100% commitment to your job, in which you proactively dive in the secrets of our technology.
Oh by the way, our office hours are flexible. One day a week you can work from home, you have the freedom to plan your own workday, and with our gym membership you can do some workouts during lunch breaks!
Your (possible) career at Amplidata
The technology and advanced development team (TAD) prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization.In the TAD team, you will develop software components for hybrid public/private cloud storage and analytics systems.
- You have 5+ years experience in software development with at least two software development technologies : C, C++, Go, Python and/or Java
- As a next-step in your career, you are looking to upgrade your tech-savvyness in an Agile environment
- You have proven experience in developing:
- High performance, high parallelism, multi-threaded software architectures
- Storage system software/driver/kernel development; memory management, rdma, SAS, SATA, pci-e, nvram
- You have in depth understanding of Linux Operating System, Filesystems, Networking, Databases
- You are an agile team player
- You are a self-starter and independent worker who takes initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context
Are you the software engineer who wants to join our team to “make” history in ICT?
Send us your mobile number or your LinkedIn profile. We look forward to meeting you!