Senior Systems Engineer (NFS/Docker/Kubernetes) - Big Data Cloud
About Amplidata / Western Digital
Amplidata develops the software that drives the HGST P100 and X100 multi petabyte cloud storage products.
Being part of Western Digital the leading storage company in the world we put a heavy focus on software quality, reliability, scalability and innovation.
The technology and advanced development team (TAD) prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization.
In the TAD team, you will architect, design and operate a hybrid public/private cloud systems combining open source and commercial software components.
- You have 3+ years in designing and/or operating xAAS systems and/or platforms
- You have hands-on experience in implementing IAAS/PAAS technologies (must have):
- Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes and/or Mesos container management
- You have hands-on experience in implementing IAAS/PAAS technologies (nice to have / eager to learn):
- OpenStack / Univa Grid Engine
- Tachyon, MapR, Gluster, Ceph, Lustre, or other
- Apache Spark / NoSQL databases
- You have hands-on experience with installing and configuring Linux operating systems, Linux file systems, Linux storage subsystems, …
- You are an agile team player
- You are a self-starter and independent worker who takes initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context
Are you interested in this challenging job in a fast growing company?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Olivier - 0489 80 49 75