Software Quality Automation Architect
The Ever Shrinking Codebase … Software Quality Automation Architect
Your goal is to make different automation teams as effective as possible by leveraging existing code, keeping code maintainable and readable.
As a Sofware Quality Automation Architect you will operate in the team that designs, develops and maintains the integration tests for the Active Scale product line.
You will be responsible for the architecture and design of test suites validating the end-to-end functionality of specific product features, as well as develop and code specific aspects of these test suites.
Further, you will guide and coach the global team of test engineers, located in Belgium, USA and India. Your goal here is to make the automation team operate as effective as possible.
You have a passion for clean architecture and structured programming, you are a big believer of abstraction and refactoring, and are used to work with open source libraries. We strive for full automation in our software factory and expect your enthusiasm and expertise in this area will help to continuously improve.
With on the job training and experience you will over time become one of the product experts, combining a global overview of the product and its architecture with a deep technical knowledge to trouble shoot issues in the specific components.
You will work together with a variety of international teams in our organisation – architects, the different component teams, the product integration team, etc.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Master in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and test development
- Significant experience in automated testing
- Linux expert
- Several years of experience with Python or an equivalent environment
Skills and Experience Considered a Plus
- A genuine interest in open source components
- Storage Solutions
- Virtualization and Cloud environment
- Server Hardware
- Software Engineering enthusiast
- Passionate about software quality and architecture
- Detail oriented
- Able and willing to work in an environment that offers a high degree of freedom, demands initiative, and expects responsibility
- Able to operate in an environment with a high change pace, rethinking existing processes and technologies
- Able to work in a multicultural, multi-site contexts
Belgium – Ghent (Ghelamco Arena)