System Engineer - Hybrid Cloud Storage & Analytics (Petabyte & Exabyte)
About Amplidata / HGST
Amplidata develops the software that drives the HGST P100 and X100 multi petabyte cloud storage products.
Being part of Western Digital (HGST) the leading storage company in the world we put a heavy focus on software quality, reliability, scalability and innovation.
The technology and advanced development team (TAD) prototypes and tests innovative ideas and proves concepts prior to productization. In the TAD team, you will design and tune rack scale system and hardware configurations for hybrid public/private cloud storage and analytics systems. You will combine Linux software components with WESTERN DIGITAL and 3rd-party hardware.
- You have 5+ years experience in Linux system and storage engineering You have proven Storage System architecture experience
- Storage: HDD, SSD, pci-e Flash, NvRAM
- Storage networking: SAS, SATA, pci-e, rdma,
- OS: Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, Debian), kernel/driver optimization,
- FileSystems: ext4, xfs, …
- Block devices
- Tiering / caching technologies
- Scale out filesystems: gluster, ..
- You have proven Analytics systems engineering experience
- Hadoop map-reduce, spark,
- You are an agile team player
- You are a self-starter and independent worker who takes initiative and assume responsibility for the projected goals.
- You are able to operate in a research environment with high change pace, rethinking existing implementations and technologies, challenge the status quo
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, international context
Are you interested in this challenging job in a fast growing company?
Please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Olivier - 0489 80 49 75